The AL-500 is a two-axis laser scanning system for autonomous vehicles, industrial use, and general 3D scene capture. By combining a fast vertical scan rate with precison turret rotation the AL-500 can acquire range imagery across a wide range of scan speeds and resolutions. Vertical and horizontal sweep rates, fields of view, and laser pulse rate are controlled from the notebook based interface or from software commands and data transfer via ethernet.
The AL-500AIR is a lightweight line scanner designed for airborne and industrial point cloud acquisition. At 360 lines per second and 1100 points per line high density, high accuracy scans can be acquired in less time than with other systems.
Acuity's PointWorks software is included with the AL-500 and AL-500AIR, with C++ source for control and data collection programming. A free version, less source, for visualizing and exporting datasets acquired with the AL-500 lidars is also available. Pointworks provides interactive point cloud visualization and data export in standard file formats. For advanced processing, PointWorks .LAS output can be used with any of several available point cloud manipulation and analysis packages.
Specifications and Performance
- Compact high resolution imaging LIDAR for mobile and stationary depth map capture applications
- Full high density imaging capability with uniformly spaced points
- Up to 800,000 points/second peak, 400,000 pps average sampling rate
- IP67 sealed, dry nitrogen filled for all-weather and permanent outdoor installations
- 120 degree by 360 degree field of view of up to 6667 by 40,000 samples
- Maximum range: 150 meters standard, options up to 500 meters
- 1σ measurement precision: 0.3" (8mm) in High Speed Mode, .04" (1mm) in High Resolution Mode
- Grayscale scene images registered with range data
- Three axis inclinometer data: ±90°, .006° resolution
- Up to 360 lines/second elevation line scan rate
- 0 to 10 revolutions per second azimuth scan rate
- 1.0 nanosecond laser pulsewidth
- Image capture or continuous real-time scanning
- Rapid direction reversal for repeating scans
- 100Mb ethernet interface software with command and data channels
- Field update capability for firmware upgrades and customized features
- PointWorks scan capture and point processing software with interface source code
The AL-500 may be configured for a wide range of sample rates, scan speeds, lasers, and environmental conditions. Most settings are user-programmable, while some require factory configuration.